Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chicago by Fork Volume 5

Place: Ghiradelli Chocolate Bar and Soda Fountain
Food: Old Fashioned Ice Cream Sundaes


Now, I don't know about you girls, but chocolate and I are friends. Good friends. So this was the ending to a perfect 'girl' day.

We woke up late and went to breakfast at a diner, then took off down the Magnificent Mile. Then we went inside Water Tower Place, which is a seven floor mall. Then we went to the American Girl Place, shopped and had a lovely afternoon tea. Then we went to Borders!

So now it's dark, we have shopping bags, the Magnificent Mile's all lit up and beautiful and we walk into this cute little store and the first thing the lady asks is "Would you like to try our new chocolate square?"

Yeah. I think I'm floating at this point.

After you look at the chocolate, you go up to a cute little bar and order ice cream. It didn't take me long to figure out what I wanted. Hot fudge brownie sundae. It was expensive, so I offered to split it with Daddy.

So you go sit down with a little number thing and a guy brings you your sundae. There was something too cool about sitting there looking at the window at night in an old fashioned Soda Fountain with shopping bags all around me. I felt very cosmo-y.

Dun-dun-DUN!!!!

Photobucket

Now, I don't know about you, but when I think perfect brownie sundae, it looks a lot like that.

They homemake their hot fudge and oh my word was it good. Thick and chocolatey and warm. And it stayed warm and it didn't get that weird little skin over it.

The way it was made, you could start at the whipped cream, you sail through the first layer of ice cream, take off a brownie bite, drown in hot fudge, and end with more ice cream, all with one motion of your spoon.

The whipped cream was soft, the ice cream smooth, the POOL of hot fudge excellent and the brownie crumbled and soaked up the ice cream milk just like it was supposed to.


Rating scale:
yummy
awesome
yummyfuliscious
awesomefuliscious
awesomefulyummiliscious


Rating: awesomefulyummiliscious

No comments: